Another Chapter

How many chapters have you been through in your life so far? For me, I would say at least five major chapters. When new adventures or new beginnings happen that have been so different from where I once was, that's when I know I'm merging into a new step in my life. For example, when I started a new private high school where I knew no one, or when I moved to a new town, or when I started college not knowing anyone and being three hours from home. They’re all new beginnings. New chapters.

Heading to the airport, I was nervous, excited, happy, and sad. I wasn’t sure what to feel. I was excited for this new adventure, but also sad to be leaving my family for that amount of time and to be that far away. Having to say goodbye to my mom was something college goodbyes did not prepare me for. But waiting to board the plane, I met up with more Loyola students. I could tell others were feeling the same way, which eased me a bit more. By the time we arrived to Greece and began exploring our new home, I could tell that this would be an adjustment for everyone but we’re all going through this new adventure together.

Visiting Greece was always a dream, and now I’m spending three and a half months of my life in Athens with different people. I'm learning a new language, learning more about other cultures, about others, and myself. A new chapter.

MacKenzie at JFK before flight to Athens, Greece.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tunes to Greek Out To!

Disposables Are In Boys!!

We Talkin' Food?